The Organ at Nether Green
The organ at Nether Green is nationally recognised as being historically important. It was built in 1863 by Henry 'Father' Willis for a Methodist church in the Sheffield suburb of Broomhill. Originally a two manual instrument, it was expanded to three manuals in 1897. The church in Broomhill suffered bomb damage in the Second World War but the organ escaped unscathed. In 1946 it was transferred to the present Nether Green site. The pipework (sound), type of action and console remain unchanged from 1863/1897. What is heard today is what was first heard when the organ was first played! Visiting organists are always welcome to play the instrument and there are occasional organ concerts/recitals.
To listen to the organ, please click here.
For further details, please contact the present organist, Graham Wilkinson, through the Contact Us page on this website.